Thursday, April 16, 2015

Batik

Because of my lack of experience with art, I was very hesitant to even start on this Batik.  I was excited to see if I could do it, but I worried that it would not work out in the end.  The first one that I made I used the glue bottle tip to outline the image that I had drawn but as the glue set, it flattened and spread out, causing the glue lines to  run together.  I decided to use a thin brush and actually brush the glue lines onto the fabric.  I applied two coats of glue to make sure that it was covered well before I colored it.  I used a brayer and three different colors of tempura paint on this Batik.  When I washed off the glue, I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.  If I were to do it again, I would definitely brush the glue on again.  This was a fun project to create because of the repeated pattern and the vibrant colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment